Monday, June 8, 2009

Brie Pasta

I really need to get better at taking pictures, so I apologize if this isn't photojournalistically interesting. But it is delicious, so keep reading....

I think I got this recipe from my friend Melissa, but I'm not 100% sure. But I was at Trader Joes the other day eying the cheeses when I spotted this huge hunk of Brie that wanted to come home with me. I remembered I had this recipe tucked away somewhere so I decided to give it a whirl.

What you'll need:

2 cans of diced tomatoes - I used the basil, oregano, garlic ones
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup shredded basil leaves
1 lb. Brie cheese, rind removed and torn into pieces
1 cup olive oil - I only used 3/4 cup, and probably would cut it down to 1/2 cup next time

1 box Rigatoni

2-3 Mild Italian sausages, grilled and sliced (I used Turkey!!)

Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, Brie, and olive oil in a large bowl. Set aside, covered at room temperature. (You can prepare up to a day ahead of time and sit out on the counter covered overnight.) The acid in the tomatoes breaks up the cheese, so the finished sauce doesn't appear to have much cheese in it.

Cook and drain pasta. Immediately toss with tomato sauce and sausage. Serve with crusty bread.

Serves 4-6 adults.

Enjoy!

No comments: