
From the kitchen of Michelle Nagrosst.
3/4 c. Sugar
3T. Flour
1 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
7 c. peeled, sliced granny smith apples
1 unbaked 10 in. deep dish pie crust
Streusel Topping
Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream to top
Combine 1st 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add apples, stirring until coated. Let stand 30 min. Spoon apple mixture into pie crust. Sprinkle streusel topping over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 min. or until golden.
Serve warm with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Streusel Topping
1 c. Flour
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, cut into small pieces
Combine flour and brown sugar; stir well. Cut in butter with pastry blender or knives until mixture is crumbly. Yield about 2 cups.
I forgot to peel my apples, but it was still delicious. The coriander is subtle, so don't be scared. I also got to use freshly grated nutmeg, because I finally found the actual nuts at Kroger ON SALE.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment