
From one of my very first issues of Everyday Food, 7 years ago. Yes, I still have all of my magazines, and this issue is well loved.
Here is the official recipe: Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
I make a variation of the sauce. I haven't bought a jar of spaghetti sauce in years. It is so easy, and better for you to make your own. I basically call it "everything but the kitchen sink". Whatever sounds good, and works. For this recipe, I sauteed several minced cloves of garlic in some olive oil, 2 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes, several frozen cubes of basil, Italian seasonings "to taste", S&P, and a glug or two of whatever red wine that was sitting out on my counter.
I follow the turkey meatball recipe. However, they seem to take longer to cook to me then the recipe states. Just watch them, and take one out of the middle to cut in half when you think they should be done.
Serve with whatever kind of pasta works for you. I was going to make my own, but I've been sick...and that was just too much effort. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the finished product, but it was, as usual, delicious. And for non-turkey eaters/fans, you can't tell the difference, I swear.
Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment